Hello my foodies!
Today I have for you a blogpost on this FREAKIN’ DEELISH Lemon Chicken Scallopini with Lemon Garlic Cream Sauce. Lucky for us, the prep method isn’t as long as the name!
This dish is perfect to serve over pasta or boiled rice. It’s creamy, it smells amazing and is great for a cosy dinner. So without making you wait any further, let’s get to the good parts.
For this recipe, you will need:
For the chicken:
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, halved and cut into small pieces (or large, as you prefer)
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cracked pepper to taste
- Juice of half a lemon
- 4 tablespoons flour
For the sauce:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium sized onion
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 ¼ cup chicken stock
- ¼ cup cooking cream (thick cream)
- 1 teaspoon corn flour mixed with 1 tablespoon water
- 2-3 tablespoons lemon juice (or as per liking)
- 2 teaspoons of Italian mixed herbs (or 1 ½ teaspoon dried basil and 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- Lemon slices or wedges for garnishing
- Marinate chicken with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Squeeze lemon juice over it and mix well.
- Add flour to a separate bowl and coat chicken evenly, one fillet at a time, and set aside. Make sure to shake off excess flour.
- In a large non stick pan, heat the oil and butter together and fry chicken till golden on either side and cooked through. This will take about five minutes, but can vary due to the thickness of your pieces. Remove from pan and keep aside.
- Dice up your onion and add along with minced garlic to your pan. Fry till the onion is translucent and garlic fragrant. Add the stock and cook over low-medium heat until bubbles form and is slightly reduced. Add in the cream and simmer until mixture starts to thicken. Add corn flour and mix quickly if you wish to thicken the consistency of the sauce. Let it simmer till it thickens.
- Squeeze in the lemon juice and combine well. Add in your dried herbs and gently add in the fried chicken back to the pan. Let it warm back up for a while.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and lemon wedges. Serve hot over pasta, rice or steamed vegetables.
I got this recipe from Café Delites. Click here to see their recipe.
I hope you all have fun cooking up this scrumption dish. Make sure to tag me in the pictures if you do!
Until next week.